On March 20, 2022, YouTube creator Jef Gibbons published a video showing how to use some of the Native Instruments Maschine controllers with the new MIDI Remote feature in Steinberg’s Cubase 12.
While the original idea of the video was to help viewers make their own customized configurations, Jeff decided to share some of the template work he did for the video.
Working with a DAW is a highly unique experience for music makers, each having a unique approach to using the tools at their disposal. And we’re a highly opinionated bunch. Each of us believes that “our way” is the truly best way of achieving results and we wonder (sometimes even out loud), why anyone else would do things differently!
So these templates are probably not at all logical or useful for your music making workflow, and you may wonder why anyone would even make them like they are. 🙂
The good thing is, that they can be easily customized and changed to your own ideas and workflow.
They are free to use, but no technical support is provided.
Here is the ZIP archive: Jef Gibbons template files for Maschine Plus, MK3 and MK2
Notes about the content of the archive:
- The .ncmp file is for import into the Native Instruments Controller Editor App for use by Maschine Plus.
- The .ncm3 file is for import into the Native Instruments Controller Editor App for use by Maschine MK3.
- The .ncm2 file is for import into the Native Instruments Controller Editor App for use by Maschine MK2.
- The .midiremote file is for import into the Cubase MIDI Remote.
- The .xlsx and .ods files contains simple spreadsheet templates for import into most of the more common spreadsheet apps for further formatting, editing, printing. They contain 3 tabs: one each for Maschine Plus, Maschine MK3 and Maschine MK2.